World-leading gas cylinder manufacturer Luxfer commissioned The Tonic to provide PR consultancy in 2018.
An initial remit was communicating its green transport offering – the company is pioneering bespoke hydrogen fuel systems for use across rail, road and river.
The Tonic has worked on profiling Luxfer’s alternative fuel projects, including:
- the UK’s first hydrogen train, called the HydroFLEX
- its role in hydrogen-powered double decker buses hitting UK roads in 2020 in a bid to reach the country’s net carbon zero targets
- the world’s first zero emissions delivery trucks
Luxfer supplies cylinders to some of the globe’s largest gas companies. In addition to alternative fuel applications, they are used in health and medical settings, SCBA for firefighters, SCUBA for divers, and other specialist industries.
The Tonic’s remit is to provide strategic counsel – planning campaigns, developing content and providing awareness-raising opportunities through media relations activities.
- Securing a four-fold increase in coverage reach from 2019 to 2020
- Award entry development that generated a finalist slot for Luxfer in the Industry Innovation category of the Green Fleet Awards
- Delivering regular feature editorials for core trade publication Gasworld
- Securing BBC regional crew to the Luxfer site to showcase its support for young trainees during National Apprenticeship Week
To find out more about The Tonic’s credentials in communicating green transport services and initiatives, please contact our team today.