Luxury motorhome brand Hey Campers enlisted the support of travel PR specialists The Tonic Communications to launch the Midlands-based business and capitalise on the growing trend to staycation.
The brief was to:
- Audit and optimise the Hey Campers website, to drive conversions and maximise bookings by ensuring the company ranked highly for key phrases
- Develop content for the website and social channels, to engage target audiences
- Profile the new business, and its founders
- Engage relevant travel bloggers and influencers, to drive awareness among relevant consumer groups.
An integrated travel PR strategy delivered a surge in interest that saw the brand fully booked across all vehicles for its first season of operation – with the Hey Campers website receiving more than 4,000 visitors in just one night. PR results included:
- Hey Campers selected to appear in series 2 of Channel 5’s Million Pound Motorhomes
- A positive, full page feature review published in The Sunday Times called ‘Gourmet dining on the go’ by Liz Edwards, plus coverage of the company in the Daily Mail, Mail on Sunday and This is Money
- Coronation Street actor Will Mellor and comedian Ralf Little among VIPs managed as part of an influencer outreach programme
- Hey Campers was named as ‘one to watch’ as a successful Midlands Business expected to thrive in 2022
- The overall reach of the PR programme exceeded 95million
- It delivered a Cost Per Thousand (CPM) of less than 10p.
The company almost doubled its motorhome fleet after the first year of trading. It was also recognised in a handful of national awards – Best New Business, Best Family Business and Service Excellence – with submissions developed by content experts at The Tonic.
To find out out award-winning PR agency The Tonic could help your business, get in touch with our Nottingham or Newcastle team today.